I was part of the initial CE batch of FFXVI users that quit the game out of frustration. I know. I could have stuck through it, but can you blame me? I had a good amount of experience in FFXI and with the release of the new expansions for both games, Im wondering...
1. Is FFXIV still going? is the population good?
2. Can I actually have a good time in Eorzea?
3. Is FFXI dead?
4. Can I currently play FFXIV or is it being overhauled? What gives?
5. Whats the system like for leveling? Party or solo farming?
1. XIV is dead and buried unless you hop one one of the many emulators out there.
2. If you enjoy generic MMORPGs, you'll enjoy FFXIV ARR, most definitely.
3. FFXI is still going strong however the community is making sure it dies off.
4. You can beta test it if you sign up for it, Open beta is soon.
5. Quest based leveling, example:
"Go kill 3 Marmots and 2 Fungars" < Actual quest type.
"Go pick 5 vegetables." < Actual quest type.
"Go wait at x spot for an enemy to spawn." < Actual quest type
"Go talk to x, which will tell you to talk to x" < Actual quest type.
Rinse and repeat and that's the leveling process of XIV ARR. It's solo for the most part but like other generic MMORPGs, there's dungeons sprinkled in between your copy/pasted quests. Also yes I can state this since they stated the NDA is partially up for thing regarding Gridania only :D Edited, May 21st 2013 5:49am by Theonehio