- The new city-states Gridania and Ul'dah and their surrounding areas have been added.
- New quests have been added.
- Guildleves have been added and changed in the following ways:
Users can now accept guildleves at the Adventurers' Guilds in Gridania and Ul'dah.
The NPCs issuing guildleves in each city-state are as follows:
Regional Guildleves: Piralnaut (Limsa Lominsa), Gontrant (Gridania), Totonawa (Ul'dah)
Local Guildleves: T'mokkri (Limsa Lominsa), Tierney (Gridania), Eustace (Ul'dah)
New regional guildleves have been added.
New local guildleves have been added.
Failed levequests may be reattempted immediately upon renewal of the guildleve list.
- New monster varieties have been added.
- Monster placement has undergone several adjustments.
- The overall battle balance has been adjusted.
- Formula for skill point and experience point allocation has been revamped.
- New pieces of equipment have been added.
- Various new items have been added.
- The goods stocked by vendor NPCs have been adjusted.
- The prices for items sold by NPCs at each shop have been changed.
Due to this change, the amount of gil players acquire has been increased.
- The following additions have been made to the synthesis system:
New recipes have been added.
- The gathering and synthesis-related term "Ability" has been changed to "Godsend".
- Gridania and Ul'dah have been added to the selectable starting cities on the character creation screen.
- Players can now save data for characters they've created to their hard drive and apply the data later to the creation of a new character.
- Players will now need to wait at least ten minutes before being able to restore HP and MP again at an aetheryte crystal.
- Social Lists has been added to the main menu.
Players can add or delete characters to and from their friend list and blacklist.
- Support Desk has been added to the main menu.
In this section, players can look over frequently asked questions or speak with Game Masters regarding in-game trouble.
- Examine has been added to the Interactions menu.
Targeting another player character and selecting Examine will display that player character's equipment.
- Various ways of expressing emotions and desires have been added.
Enemy signs have been added.
While in a party, players can express their various desires regarding monsters in the field.
Ally signs have been added.
While in a party, players can express various desires to other members of the party.
The emote "lounge" has been added.
Also, the interaction "sit" has been added, which allows players to sit on nearby chairs, benches, etc.
- New text commands have been added.
- New categories and phrases have been added to the dictionary.
- A screenshot feature has been added.
Players can take pictures of the game screen by pushing Print Screen while holding down Scroll Lock on the keyboard.
- Keyboard Settings has been added under Configuration.
- Players can now change the display settings for each of their linkshells from Log Display Settings under Configuration.