Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Guildleves are bugged...Follow

#1 Sep 22 2010 at 6:51 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
36 posts
The Guildleves are really bugged. In one of them, whenerever I went to hunt the 6th out of 6 required monster, I would get one hit and then it would proceed to say "target already engaged" and not let me hit it anymore, yet it could continue to pummel me. In my current one, I can't switch into active mode anymore. Can't kill things if it won't let me grab my weapon. I failed one of my guildleaves because of this crap. Probably going to fail this one. Not doing guildleves anymore for a few weeks...
#2 Sep 22 2010 at 6:52 PM Rating: Good
***
1,566 posts
It's not the guildleve, claiming is just lagging. I've had to wait up to 30 seconds in crowded areas thinking I missed a claim but the mob continued to wail on me.
#3 Sep 22 2010 at 6:57 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
36 posts
Sephrick wrote:
It's not the guildleve, claiming is just lagging. I've had to wait up to 30 seconds in crowded areas thinking I missed a claim but the mob continued to wail on me.


Well, I'm not having any troubles whatsoever when I just randomly roam and kill mobs. The minute I activate a guildleve, all of a sudden sh*t gets funky. So leads me to believe that it's the guildleves.

Edit: I mean really? Right when my guildleve activates I can't go into active mode? Just get to watch the timer run down and fail another leve.

Edit#2: Had to log out and log back in in order to use my weapon or even equip another weapon again.

Edited, Sep 22nd 2010 9:02pm by AlMcFly
#4 Sep 22 2010 at 7:07 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
36 posts
Also, just now got a message while running away from a mistaken aggro saying that the monster left the fight. Whew I thought and slowed down to stop and regain some HP, then i get slapped again and killed. Okie...
#5 Sep 23 2010 at 2:05 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
120 posts
This bug is getting on my last nerve. The fact that there is no in game support makes it worse.

After wasting time on the leve you can;t complete it, you're not getting your time back for it, or the reward and you have to wait 36 hours to get a leve to replace that one. irritated beyond belief about this.
#6 Sep 23 2010 at 2:22 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
33 posts
I'm guessing you've never played on opening day of an MMO before?

I played in beta and release of WoW and the servers were so bad that after you would claim a target with a ranged attack, it would stand where it was for around 30 seconds, then just magically teleport to be beside you. After you managed to kill it (with 10-15 seconds delay on each ability button press), trying to loot the mob resulted in crouching down over top of the dead monster for anywhere between 2 - 5 minutes before the loot window poped up. This lasted for about 10 days - 2 weeks. This occurred while fighting the login queues and random disconnects. This is how WoW released.

All of this were eventually fixed is my point.

The bugs will get ironed out. Also, if you think its bad now, wait until general release on Sept 30th - its going to be 100 times worse.

Edited, Sep 23rd 2010 4:44pm by Sharwyn
____________________________
Bahamut
#7 Sep 23 2010 at 2:27 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
36 posts
Sharwyn wrote:
I'm guessing you've never played on opening day of an MMO before?

I played in beta and release of WoW and the servers were so bad that after you would claim a target with a ranged attack, it would sand where it was for around 30 seconds, then just magically teleport to be beside you. After you managed to kill it (with 10-15 seconds delay on each ability button press), trying to loot the mob resulted in crouching down over top of the dead monster for anywhere between 2 - 5 minutes before the loot window poped up. This lasted for about 10 days - 2 weeks. This occurred while fighting the login queues and random disconnects. This is how WoW released.

All of this were eventually fixed is my point.

The bugs will get ironed out. Also, if you think its bad now, wait until general release on Sept 30th - its going to be 100 times worse.


That's pretty funny. Yeah, I decided on logging out and waiting a few weeks. The server load needs to die down a bit in my opinion. I would rather start after everyone else starts if it means I don't have to freeze in every monster fight and unfreeze only to be dead form getting hit multiple times in a row.
#8 Sep 23 2010 at 2:48 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
33 posts
AlMcFly wrote:
Sharwyn wrote:
I'm guessing you've never played on opening day of an MMO before?

I played in beta and release of WoW and the servers were so bad that after you would claim a target with a ranged attack, it would sand where it was for around 30 seconds, then just magically teleport to be beside you. After you managed to kill it (with 10-15 seconds delay on each ability button press), trying to loot the mob resulted in crouching down over top of the dead monster for anywhere between 2 - 5 minutes before the loot window poped up. This lasted for about 10 days - 2 weeks. This occurred while fighting the login queues and random disconnects. This is how WoW released.

All of this were eventually fixed is my point.

The bugs will get ironed out. Also, if you think its bad now, wait until general release on Sept 30th - its going to be 100 times worse.


That's pretty funny. Yeah, I decided on logging out and waiting a few weeks. The server load needs to die down a bit in my opinion. I would rather start after everyone else starts if it means I don't have to freeze in every monster fight and unfreeze only to be dead form getting hit multiple times in a row.


Unfortunately this is your only options in a release mmo.

Honestly you might want to log in on Sept 27-29th, as most of the CE people will be out of the starting areas, and then you will have little-no lag and be able to move past these areas before regular edition release and stay ahead of those people in the starting areas.

Honestly SE did this smart with only having like 15 or so servers, as the servers will be more crowded a little bit into the game & endgame, and we wont have server mergers after 6 months when people inevitably go back to wow. Warhammer released with like 30 something servers I seem to recall, and closed down quite a few shortly after release.

We just need to live through the first month or two, which everyone eventually forgets anyways.

Edited, Sep 23rd 2010 4:50pm by Sharwyn
____________________________
Bahamut
#9 Sep 23 2010 at 3:20 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,962 posts
Just spam attack, it's lagging because of all the people, it will work after a few (sometimes 50 or so) attempts, thankfully low level guildleves are very easy. Hopefully the congestion lightens the load and this isn't a big problem, I don't imagine it will be in a few days, if not a week or so at the most.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 15 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (15)