Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
This Forum is Read Only

Final Fantasy 14 Has Stopped WorkingFollow

#1 Sep 30 2010 at 6:51 PM Rating: Default
*
55 posts
First I put the disc in and install th set up. After that I click on the final fatasy shortcut or go into programs and it instantly stops working and closes. I've tried reinstalling it and I get the same error. "Final Fantasy 14 Has Stopped Working" Does anyone know why its doing this and what can i try to fix it.

____________________________
FFXI
Comfortablynumb from Garuda
Metallious from Remora

FFXIV
Darkman Nightstar from Excalibur
#2 Sep 30 2010 at 7:08 PM Rating: Excellent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Open start menu > type 'event viewer' > open event viewer > open custom views folder (on the left) > view administrative events > find the ffxiboot.exe crash in that list, if it JUST happened it should be at the top.

Copy and paste the description of the error here and post it.


This assumes you're using windows 7 or vista, btw.

Edited, Sep 30th 2010 8:08pm by bsphil
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#3 Sep 30 2010 at 7:09 PM Rating: Decent
5 posts
I'm having a similar issue. First thing is you should tell us what your computer specs are like what graphics card how much ram and your processor. You should make sure your graphic card drivers are up to date and that you have directx 9 or higher.
#4 Sep 30 2010 at 7:26 PM Rating: Default
*
55 posts
event log is :
Faulting application name: ffxivboot.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4c355192
Faulting module name: atiumdag.dll, version: 8.14.10.716, time stamp: 0x4b2ab210
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00210c86
Faulting process id: 0x1734
Faulting application start time: 0x01cb6106b267558c
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV\ffxivboot.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WiLapndows\system32\atiumdag.dll
Report Id: f04aeee1-ccf9-11df-83e4-0026b970601e




Alienware M15x
*Intel Core i7 740QM Quad Core Processor, 1.73GHz (2.93GHz Turbo Mode, 6M Cache)
*6GB Memory (1x 2GB, 1x 4GB DDR3)
*15.6-inch Wide FHD 1920x1080 (1080p) WLED
*1GB GDDR5 ATI Radeon Mobility HD 5850


Please Help Thank You

If it helps I also wasnt able to run the benchmark
____________________________
FFXI
Comfortablynumb from Garuda
Metallious from Remora

FFXIV
Darkman Nightstar from Excalibur
#5 Sep 30 2010 at 7:27 PM Rating: Excellent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
DarkmanNightstar wrote:
event log is :
Faulting application name: ffxivboot.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4c355192
Faulting module name: atiumdag.dll, version: 8.14.10.716, time stamp: 0x4b2ab210
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00210c86
Faulting process id: 0x1734
Faulting application start time: 0x01cb6106b267558c
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV\ffxivboot.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WiLapndows\system32\atiumdag.dll
Report Id: f04aeee1-ccf9-11df-83e4-0026b970601e




Alienware M15x
*Intel Core i7 740QM Quad Core Processor, 1.73GHz (2.93GHz Turbo Mode, 6M Cache)
*6GB Memory (1x 2GB, 1x 4GB DDR3)
*15.6-inch Wide FHD 1920x1080 (1080p) WLED
*1GB GDDR5 ATI Radeon Mobility HD 5850


Please Help Thank You

If it helps I also wasnt able to run the benchmark
This thread contains your answer. Read it thoroughly before starting, but if you have any further questions feel free to follow up here.

In short, it's a bug with ATI and their mobility GPUs. You need to update your drivers, but you may need to do a clean install to get them to work properly, and that thread will cover that.



Edited, Sep 30th 2010 8:30pm by bsphil
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#6 Sep 30 2010 at 8:04 PM Rating: Decent
*
55 posts
alright thanks for the help. im going to try this right now. one question though. do i have to get the driver through dell or can i used the amd one. the reason why i ask is becuase my dirver is not listed on dells site. anyways thanks for your help
____________________________
FFXI
Comfortablynumb from Garuda
Metallious from Remora

FFXIV
Darkman Nightstar from Excalibur
#7 Sep 30 2010 at 8:14 PM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
DarkmanNightstar wrote:
alright thanks for the help. im going to try this right now. one question though. do i have to get the driver through dell or can i used the amd one. the reason why i ask is becuase my dirver is not listed on dells site. anyways thanks for your help
You should probably use the Dell driver, at least for starters. You can upgrade with the AMD drivers after installing the Dell ones. Dell does a pretty good job of hiding the location of the 5850 drivers, you can find them here. For some reason, Dell defaults to the Vista profile, which doesn't include any ATI drivers. You need to change to Windows 7 from the dropdown menu to be able to find them.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#8 Sep 30 2010 at 8:18 PM Rating: Decent
3 posts
i am having a similar problem


Faulting application name: ffxivgame.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4ca10e11
Faulting module name: msvcrt.dll, version: 7.0.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bda6f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00009b60
Faulting process id: 0x135c
Faulting application start time: 0x01cb610d6b276d29
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV\ffxivgame.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\msvcrt.dll
Report Id: a9cee61f-cd00-11df-ab2d-001e334f43ed


thats my error message different from the one above

thanks for the help in advance

Edited, Sep 30th 2010 10:19pm by fabek
#9 Sep 30 2010 at 8:23 PM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
fabek wrote:
i am having a similar problem


Faulting application name: ffxivgame.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4ca10e11
Faulting module name: msvcrt.dll, version: 7.0.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bda6f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00009b60
Faulting process id: 0x135c
Faulting application start time: 0x01cb610d6b276d29
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV\ffxivgame.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\msvcrt.dll
Report Id: a9cee61f-cd00-11df-ab2d-001e334f43ed


thats my error message different from the one above

thanks for the help in advance
Whoa, SE used MS Visual C++ to write the game? lol

You need to redownload the newest version of msvcrt.dll, it would seem? Google should turn up results pretty easily on where to get that from, just save it into C:\Windows\syswow64\. If you can't overwrite it, you may have to copy it in from a command prompt...
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#10 Sep 30 2010 at 8:33 PM Rating: Decent
3 posts
bsphil wrote:
fabek wrote:
i am having a similar problem


Faulting application name: ffxivgame.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4ca10e11
Faulting module name: msvcrt.dll, version: 7.0.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bda6f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00009b60
Faulting process id: 0x135c
Faulting application start time: 0x01cb610d6b276d29
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV\ffxivgame.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\msvcrt.dll
Report Id: a9cee61f-cd00-11df-ab2d-001e334f43ed


thats my error message different from the one above

thanks for the help in advance
Whoa, SE used MS Visual C++ to write the game? lol

You need to redownload the newest version of msvcrt.dll, it would seem? Google should turn up results pretty easily on where to get that from, just save it into C:\Windows\syswow64\. If you can't overwrite it, you may have to copy it in from a command prompt...



it didnt work :/ any other suggestions?
#11 Sep 30 2010 at 8:36 PM Rating: Decent
*
55 posts
lol no wonder why i couldnt find the driver. anyways thanks for all your help. im able to run the benchmark and game now. im already off to a great start with FF14. i appreciate all your help
____________________________
FFXI
Comfortablynumb from Garuda
Metallious from Remora

FFXIV
Darkman Nightstar from Excalibur
#12 Sep 30 2010 at 8:38 PM Rating: Good
**
696 posts
http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?game=268&mid=128547024019694131#msg1285472098241725090

Theres a fix for the msvcrt.dll problem. Hope it works.
#13 Sep 30 2010 at 8:41 PM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
zoltanrs wrote:
Ah, well there ya go.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#14 Sep 30 2010 at 8:43 PM Rating: Decent
3 posts
zoltanrs wrote:


i dont have a nvidia card tho i have a intel integrated :/ rageface
#15 Sep 30 2010 at 8:46 PM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
fabek wrote:
zoltanrs wrote:


i dont have a nvidia card tho i have a intel integrated :/ rageface
Oh. Well then your problem is that you have integrated graphics, and you are never going to run the game that way. Get a graphics card.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#16 Sep 30 2010 at 8:59 PM Rating: Decent
**
696 posts
So it sounds like your system is not reading a graphics card because there isn't one present instead of not turned on. I can't do much for that.
#17 Sep 30 2010 at 9:06 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
259 posts
Ok guys my game just started crashing this evening and it wont stop crashing. If I shrink the window resolution it is more stable but will occasionally crash.

Here is the event viewer results:
Faulting application name: ffxivgame.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4ca10e11 
Faulting module name: ffxivgame.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4ca10e11 
Exception code: 0xc0000005 
Fault offset: 0x002a7201 
Faulting process id: 0xdc4 
Faulting application start time: 0x01cb6114af4e373e 
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV\ffxivgame.exe 
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV\ffxivgame.exe 
Report Id: 058a41d0-cd08-11df-a3b3-485b396204cc


Here are my specs:
-=-=-=-=-=-=- System Information -=-=-=-=-=-=- 
 
Operating System	Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64bit (build 7600) 
Processor	Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU         960  @ 3.20GHz 
Number of Processors	Logical Core Count 8  Physical Core Count 4 
BIOS	BIOS Date: 02/24/10 12:23:42 Ver: 08.00.15 
Language	English (Regional Setting: English) 
Physical Memory	12279.117MB 
Virtual Memory	2047.875MB 
Page File	24556.379MB 
Storage	C:\    Hard Disk Drive    Total Disk Space 931.413GB    Free Disk Space 729.898GB 
DirectX Version	DirectX 11 
Graphic Device(s)	ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series  
  +Device	\\.\DISPLAY1 
  +Chip	ATI display adapter (0x6899) 
  +Maker	ATI Technologies Inc. 
  +Video Memory	1013.234 MB 
  +Shared Video Memory	3067.500 MB 
  +DAC Type	Internal DAC(400MHz) 
  +Display Mode	1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (59Hz) 
  +Driver	atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll 
  +Driver Version	8.14.0010.0700 
  +Driver Date	10/6/2009 11:30:20 PM 
  +Driver Language	English 
  +Vertex Shader	3.0 
  +Pixel Shader	3.0 
  +Vertex Texture	Supported 
 


Any thoughts?
#18 Oct 01 2010 at 12:55 AM Rating: Decent
6 posts
Hello,

I just got the game and finished installing. But it won't let me play as whenever I start it up, it crashes... Heres what the log gave me

Faulting application name: ffxivgame.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4ca10e11
Faulting module name: msvcrt.dll, version: 7.0.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bda6f
Exception code: 0xc0000005

Can anyone help please! T_T
#19 Oct 01 2010 at 2:16 PM Rating: Decent
1 post
I'm also having this problem. :S

Faulting application name: ffxivboot.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4c355192
Faulting module name: atiumdag.dll, version: 8.14.10.728, time stamp: 0x4b68f3b4
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00216d26
Faulting process id: 0x10f4
Faulting application start time: 0x01cb61a4a05cc1bf
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV\ffxivboot.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\atiumdag.dll
Report Id: df7b8e50-cd97-11df-b0d0-78e7d1c4623d

Please help! :(
#20 Oct 01 2010 at 5:17 PM Rating: Decent
11 posts
I also have a problem...
The game sometimes tends to crash randomly if i play and i ask me why... /:
It is telling me that ffxiv has stoped working or it is a direcx mistake but mostly the first.
Can anyone tell me what that could be?
#21 Oct 01 2010 at 10:08 PM Rating: Decent
*
151 posts
@ Mb20

My DirectX was causing me the same problem with the beta. I ran a Dxdiag and it showed that my D3D was not enabled. Seeing that, I tried everthing to get it enabled but I had no option for D3D anywhere. Somehow my DirectX got corrupt and I did everything I could find on the internet about it. But ultimately I had to do a complete Windows reinstall to fix the problem. Also, I was getting an 11023 Server update error with the retail and I just did another Windows reinstall to fix that problem... Seems this game is very picky.

So now I can run the game...finally.

Chow
____________________________


#22 Oct 01 2010 at 10:20 PM Rating: Good
**
472 posts
Mb20 wrote:
I also have a problem...
The game sometimes tends to crash randomly if i play and i ask me why... /:
It is telling me that ffxiv has stoped working or it is a direcx mistake but mostly the first.
Can anyone tell me what that could be?


Were you alt tabbing out of the game, while running fullscreen? Fullscreen mode tends to have that effect if you try to get to your desktop. Run windowed and see if it persists.
#23 Oct 01 2010 at 10:39 PM Rating: Good
**
472 posts
bsphil touched on this, but I would like to extend the invitation to mxvcrt.dll duplicity problems and C++

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Windows_library_files

Search for mxvcrt.dll and read.

Look in your installed programs and see what microsoft visual c++ programs you have installed and post your windows operating system and service pack. I had a similar problem with a different game, and it wasn't resolved until I installed the correct c++.

I forgot to add, if you have an old POS, or a laptop that is not compatible...

http://www.ffxivinfo.com/systemreqs.php

Edited, Oct 2nd 2010 12:59am by Parsalyn
#24 Oct 02 2010 at 2:18 PM Rating: Decent
1 post
Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 02/10/2010 5:09:35 PM
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: JulianLegacy-PC
Description:
Faulting application name: ffxivgame.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4ca10e11
Faulting module name: msvcrt.dll, version: 7.0.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bda6f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00009b60
Faulting process id: 0x308
Faulting application start time: 0x01cb626dbab6b0ad
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV\ffxivgame.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\msvcrt.dll
Report Id: f9aa3f1c-ce60-11df-9d0b-705ab6fdb3d8
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Application Error" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>100</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-10-02T20:09:35.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>5683</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>JulianLegacy-PC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>ffxivgame.exe</Data>
<Data>1.0.0.0</Data>
<Data>4ca10e11</Data>
<Data>msvcrt.dll</Data>
<Data>7.0.7600.16385</Data>
<Data>4a5bda6f</Data>
<Data>c0000005</Data>
<Data>00009b60</Data>
<Data>308</Data>
<Data>01cb626dbab6b0ad</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV\ffxivgame.exe</Data>
<Data>C:\Windows\syswow64\msvcrt.dll</Data>
<Data>f9aa3f1c-ce60-11df-9d0b-705ab6fdb3d8</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

this is kinda bothersome....
#25 Oct 02 2010 at 2:32 PM Rating: Decent
2 posts
Can someone help me, im having the same problem and its getting me really angry.

Error Codes:

Faulting application name: ffxivgame.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4ca10e11
Faulting module name: msvcrt.dll, version: 7.0.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bda6f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00009b60
Faulting process id: 0xb64
Faulting application start time: 0x01cb626e5dca1936
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV\ffxivgame.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\msvcrt.dll
Report Id: 9d2a262a-ce61-11df-9905-001d0941dadf
#26 Oct 02 2010 at 2:37 PM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
mikeypots wrote:
Can someone help me, im having the same problem and its getting me really angry.

Error Codes:

Faulting application name: ffxivgame.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4ca10e11
Faulting module name: msvcrt.dll, version: 7.0.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bda6f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00009b60
Faulting process id: 0xb64
Faulting application start time: 0x01cb626e5dca1936
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV\ffxivgame.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\msvcrt.dll
Report Id: 9d2a262a-ce61-11df-9905-001d0941dadf
Did you readthis thread? The solutions have already been discussed.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#27 Oct 02 2010 at 2:45 PM Rating: Decent
2 posts
Yes, i read it and i really don't know where my problem lies. Thats why i posted.
#28 Oct 02 2010 at 5:48 PM Rating: Decent
9 posts
Hey im trying to follow along but im not really good with computers, here is what it said, but i dont know how to fix it

Faulting application name: ffxivgame.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4ca10e11
Faulting module name: msvcrt.dll, version: 7.0.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bda6f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000a051
Faulting process id: 0x4e4
Faulting application start time: 0x01cb62a3ed341eaa
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV\ffxivgame.exe
Faulting module path: C:\windows\system32\msvcrt.dll
Report Id: 2c03244a-ce97-11df-9993-705ab67b156d
#29 Oct 02 2010 at 5:49 PM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
mikeypots wrote:
Yes, i read it and i really don't know where my problem lies. Thats why i posted.
shadow14512 wrote:
Hey im trying to follow along but im not really good with computers, here is what it said, but i dont know how to fix it

Faulting application name: ffxivgame.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4ca10e11
Faulting module name: msvcrt.dll, version: 7.0.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bda6f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000a051
Faulting process id: 0x4e4
Faulting application start time: 0x01cb62a3ed341eaa
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV\ffxivgame.exe
Faulting module path: C:\windows\system32\msvcrt.dll
Report Id: 2c03244a-ce97-11df-9993-705ab67b156d
zoltanrs wrote:
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#30 Oct 02 2010 at 6:02 PM Rating: Decent
9 posts
Quote:
Quoted Text

Report Id: 2c03244a-ce97-11df-9993-705ab67b156dzoltanrs wrote:
http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?game=268&mid=128547024019694131#msg1285472098241725090

Theres a fix for the msvcrt.dll problem. Hope it works.
Quote:
Quoted Text


I dont have that computer though, i have a Toshiba laptop...windows 7
#31 Oct 02 2010 at 6:06 PM Rating: Default
**
696 posts
Does your video card meet the minimum requirements for the game? If not it will never run if so you need to follow those instructions to make the high graphics active.
#32 Oct 02 2010 at 6:07 PM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
shadow14512 wrote:
I dont have that computer though, i have a Toshiba laptop...windows 7
So?
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#33 Oct 02 2010 at 6:09 PM Rating: Decent
9 posts
bsphil wrote:
shadow14512 wrote:
I dont have that computer though, i have a Toshiba laptop...windows 7
So?


The link you gave me was for nvidia Optimus. Is there a difference?
#34 Oct 02 2010 at 6:09 PM Rating: Decent
9 posts
zoltanrs wrote:
Does your video card meet the minimum requirements for the game? If not it will never run if so you need to follow those instructions to make the high graphics active.


How do i check my video card? Im not familiar with computers :( My laptop is fairly new, i got it this year so i assume it should be good
#35 Oct 02 2010 at 6:12 PM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
shadow14512 wrote:
My laptop is fairly new, i got it this year so i assume it should be good
Faulty assumption. New does not mean good. You could buy a brand new laptop that just got released today and it can still completely suck at running FFXIV. You need to actually spend the money on getting a computer with good specs. In fact, the less you know, the more willing people will be to sell you a piece of junk just because you don't know what to look for.

This program should tell you what you need to know. Look in the Graphics tab.

Edited, Oct 2nd 2010 7:13pm by bsphil
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#36 Oct 02 2010 at 6:13 PM Rating: Default
**
696 posts
shadow14512 wrote:
zoltanrs wrote:
Does your video card meet the minimum requirements for the game? If not it will never run if so you need to follow those instructions to make the high graphics active.


How do i check my video card? Im not familiar with computers :( My laptop is fairly new, i got it this year so i assume it should be good



unfortunately new doesn't mean good. You can still by a desktop that was medium power in 2003 for 3-400 bucks brand new. If you haven't specifically got the thing with specs for gaming it is likely it just has the bottom of the barrel integrated video card installed. to check what you have you want to go to control panel system and device manager and look under display adapter.
#37 Oct 02 2010 at 6:29 PM Rating: Decent
9 posts
bsphil wrote:
shadow14512 wrote:
My laptop is fairly new, i got it this year so i assume it should be good
Faulty assumption. New does not mean good. You could buy a brand new laptop that just got released today and it can still completely suck at running FFXIV. You need to actually spend the money on getting a computer with good specs. In fact, the less you know, the more willing people will be to sell you a piece of junk just because you don't know what to look for.

This program should tell you what you need to know. Look in the Graphics tab.

Edited, Oct 2nd 2010 7:13pm by bsphil


So i opened up display adapter and i have: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

so then i open that up and get General:
Device type: Display adapters
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Location: PCI bus 0, device 2, function 0

Then i have other tabs with Driver, Details, Resources, but those dont tell me much
#38 Oct 02 2010 at 6:29 PM Rating: Decent
9 posts
zoltanrs wrote:
shadow14512 wrote:
zoltanrs wrote:
Does your video card meet the minimum requirements for the game? If not it will never run if so you need to follow those instructions to make the high graphics active.


How do i check my video card? Im not familiar with computers :( My laptop is fairly new, i got it this year so i assume it should be good



unfortunately new doesn't mean good. You can still by a desktop that was medium power in 2003 for 3-400 bucks brand new. If you haven't specifically got the thing with specs for gaming it is likely it just has the bottom of the barrel integrated video card installed. to check what you have you want to go to control panel system and device manager and look under display adapter.


So i opened up display adapter and i have: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

so then i open that up and get General:
Device type: Display adapters
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Location: PCI bus 0, device 2, function 0

Then i have other tabs with Driver, Details, Resources, but those dont tell me much
#39 Oct 02 2010 at 6:30 PM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
shadow14512 wrote:
Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
Your laptop will never run FFXIV. Sorry.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#40 Oct 02 2010 at 6:35 PM Rating: Default
**
696 posts
bsphil wrote:
shadow14512 wrote:
Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
Your laptop will never run FFXIV. Sorry.


I agree. That card will probably score you a sub 200 on the FFXIV benchmark.
#41 Oct 02 2010 at 6:36 PM Rating: Decent
9 posts
bsphil wrote:
shadow14512 wrote:
Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
Your laptop will never run FFXIV. Sorry.


What? Why not? What do i have to do?
#42 Oct 02 2010 at 6:37 PM Rating: Decent
9 posts
zoltanrs wrote:
bsphil wrote:
shadow14512 wrote:
Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
Your laptop will never run FFXIV. Sorry.


I agree. That card will probably score you a sub 200 on the FFXIV benchmark.


It will what? Ok so i have a destop as well. It is about 4 years old, but do you think i will have a better chance with that?
#43 Oct 02 2010 at 6:46 PM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
shadow14512 wrote:
bsphil wrote:
shadow14512 wrote:
Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
Your laptop will never run FFXIV. Sorry.


What? Why not? What do i have to do?
There's nothing you can do. Mobile motherboard architectures often will not support replacing graphics cards, or adding one if one is not present. Overall, other than changing the hard drive or adding/replacing RAM, you aren't going to be able to change the parts of a laptop easily. If you really want to play the game, you can do it for probably $600 by building your own AMD desktop.

What are the specs on your desktop? That would at least be more likely to allow for upgrading, which I'd bet good money that you'd need to do.

Edited, Oct 2nd 2010 7:47pm by bsphil
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#44 Oct 02 2010 at 6:51 PM Rating: Decent
9 posts
bsphil wrote:
shadow14512 wrote:
bsphil wrote:
shadow14512 wrote:
Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
Your laptop will never run FFXIV. Sorry.


What? Why not? What do i have to do?
There's nothing you can do. Mobile motherboard architectures often will not support replacing graphics cards, or adding one if one is not present. Overall, other than changing the hard drive or adding/replacing RAM, you aren't going to be able to change the parts of a laptop easily. If you really want to play the game, you can do it for probably $600 by building your own AMD desktop.

What are the specs on your desktop? That would at least be more likely to allow for upgrading, which I'd bet good money that you'd need to do.

Edited, Oct 2nd 2010 7:47pm by bsphil


Uhm im not sure what specs are but i know that the graphics thing is "Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family"
Wow that is so complicated just for a game, i already opened it and everything... im not going to spend more on graphic cards i dont think
#45 Oct 02 2010 at 6:55 PM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
shadow14512 wrote:
Uhm im not sure what specs are but i know that the graphics thing is "Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family"
That's not going to run the game either, in fact, it'll probably do a lot worse. At least with a desktop you can buy a graphics card.

shadow14512 wrote:
Wow that is so complicated just for a game
Not really. If you want to be able to play new, high end 3D games, you need to pay the premium dollar (relative to having NO dedicated graphics card) to be able to run it. This has been the way computer gaming has worked for over a decade.



Edited, Oct 2nd 2010 7:55pm by bsphil
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#46 Oct 03 2010 at 2:10 AM Rating: Decent
2 posts
Hi I have this error:
Quote:
Faulting application name: ffxivgame.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4ca10e11
Faulting module name: msvcrt.dll, version: 7.0.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bda6f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000a07d
Faulting process id: 0x19c
Faulting application start time: 0x01cb62cb0ff31e45
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV\ffxivgame.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\msvcrt.dll
Report Id: 4ecb6b9b-cebe-11df-a6e1-e0cb4eb909d8


My computer is Asus Essentio CG5275-AR003, it has an integrated video card.

I used the CPU-Z to see what video card I have and it says:
Quote:
Inter (R) Graphics Media Accelerator, Core 733 Mhz, memory 32 MBytes

So, based on what I read I just need to buy a good video card and upgrade it?

Only two questions:

1. Which video card will you reccomend for my PC?

2. Will the game run for sure after I upgrade it? I don't really feel like paying $200-300 and then facing the same problem again :)

Thanks!

Edited, Oct 3rd 2010 4:20am by CrazyRabbit1
#47 Oct 03 2010 at 3:51 PM Rating: Decent
2 posts
Hi,I don't mean to bother, but can someone answer to my previous squestions please? I just have been refreshing the page like every 5 mintus all day and all night and still no answer. lol
#48 Oct 03 2010 at 4:56 PM Rating: Decent
Sage
**
447 posts
CrazyRabbit - sorry if this comes across as a jerk, but I'd start by reading the requirements on the box. And no, upgrade doesn't guarantee smooth operation - you may have to place a ticket with your full system configuration with SE if you are having problems.
____________________________
Djigga, please. Highland Hyurs can't jump.

#49 Oct 03 2010 at 4:57 PM Rating: Default
**
696 posts
CrazyRabbit1 wrote:
Hi I have this error:
Quote:
Faulting application name: ffxivgame.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4ca10e11
Faulting module name: msvcrt.dll, version: 7.0.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bda6f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000a07d
Faulting process id: 0x19c
Faulting application start time: 0x01cb62cb0ff31e45
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV\ffxivgame.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\msvcrt.dll
Report Id: 4ecb6b9b-cebe-11df-a6e1-e0cb4eb909d8


My computer is Asus Essentio CG5275-AR003, it has an integrated video card.

I used the CPU-Z to see what video card I have and it says:
Quote:
Inter (R) Graphics Media Accelerator, Core 733 Mhz, memory 32 MBytes

So, based on what I read I just need to buy a good video card and upgrade it?

Only two questions:

1. Which video card will you reccomend for my PC?



2. Will the game run for sure after I upgrade it? I don't really feel like paying $200-300 and then facing the same problem again :)

Thanks!

Edited, Oct 3rd 2010 4:20am by CrazyRabbit1


Asus Essentio CG5275-AR003 Core i5-650 3.2GHz 8GB Assuming that is your computer specs it should run FFXIV moderately well with just a graphics card. I show that it does have a pci-e x16 slot so I would probably get something like a GTX 460 or a comparable ATI card. There should be several topics discussing video cards on this forum. If it was me I would get a 460 because I'm not a big ATI fan but the info on what runs it well for ati should be readily available in a lot of threads here.

Your cpu is only a step under my wifes and she runs the game fairly well on normal settings with a gts 250. No need to go that low on a video card tho with much much betters ones out now.
#50 May 27 2011 at 11:29 AM Rating: Default
19 posts
I'm having a similar problem but my game has been running well since the last patch, now i get kicked out atleast 4 times everytime i play ff14. Its driving me crazy.
Necro Warning: This post occurred more than thirty days after the prior, and may be a necropost.
#51Rinsui, Posted: May 27 2011 at 12:06 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) "Final Fantasy 14 Has Stopped Working"
« Previous 1 2
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 21 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (21)