Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Where are the Homes and Public Facilities SE??Follow

#1 Feb 06 2011 at 7:58 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,608 posts
Comon! Where are all the homes these npcs live in(ours as well)?

What happened to the ole' RPG days when one could barge into an npc's home, take their things, and then have the decency to ask them questions about things they should have no idea about?

I want to walk into a /random home just to see their kitchen and bathroom.

That's another point, there are no public *********** Now I know what this constant nausea I've been feeling since September, all the pcs and npcs fidgeting around in place cause there is no where to **** and ****! Create some outhouses, multistalls(gloryhole optional), anything!

Oh, and add a turtle mount while you're at it. Gotta ride that turtle.
____________________________

#2 Feb 06 2011 at 8:15 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
There is a huge lack of NPC living quarters. If only those small towns on the map that aren't the big three weren't ghost towns.
____________________________


#3 Feb 06 2011 at 9:21 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,609 posts
LyleVertigo wrote:
Comon! Where are all the homes these npcs live in(ours as well)?

What happened to the ole' RPG days when one could barge into an npc's home, take their things, and then have the decency to ask them questions about things they should have no idea about?

I want to walk into a /random home just to see their kitchen and bathroom.

That's another point, there are no public sh*thouses! Now I know what this constant nausea I've been feeling since September, all the pcs and npcs fidgeting around in place cause there is no where to **** and sh*t! Create some outhouses, multistalls(gloryhole optional), anything!

Oh, and add a turtle mount while you're at it. Gotta ride that turtle.



Please stop talking about your "interesting" fetishes. Lol. On topic, yeah the npcs do look odd being able to move, like they have to pee. Also it would be nice to have a "home" and be able to make furniture to decorate it.
____________________________


"I've never watched a nuclear explosion myself. That's a couple of degrees of stupid above my limit"- Old Man Harris
#4 Feb 06 2011 at 12:52 PM Rating: Decent
**
395 posts
I'd like them to add a housing district in each city, as well as have NPCs close down shop at certain times, perhaps even see them walking to the housing district before vanishing.
You know, a feeling like they are living in the world too.

I did kind of hate it in FFXI when my favorite shops would close, but on the other hand it was realistic to not have insomniac NPCs.
____________________________

http://www.prismaticllama.com/
http://www.sologensystems.com
The Prismatic Llama - Peru's llamas got nothing on us.
#5 Feb 06 2011 at 1:50 PM Rating: Good
*
246 posts
I would really like a housing district as well. I want this game to have life and seem real. All the npc's seem like robots to me and not actual people. Shops are always open and it just doesn't work for me. Having places close and the npc's head home would be really cool. Maybe have the npc's that work at the adventurer's guild to only work for so many hours and have another npc take their place.
____________________________
#6 Feb 06 2011 at 2:02 PM Rating: Good
***
1,313 posts
Well see..

In Ul'dah everyone lives in the streets because the sultans and bankers take everyone's money. A lot like cities here on earth.

In Gridania they all retreat to their favorite bush or tree. Some just drown themselves in the creek out of frustration.

In Limsa Lominsa they hang upside down at night from the bridges like bats.

No need for houses, see?

Yeah where are the houses!?

____________________________
Eithne Draocht
My IG: archaicmachinery - Friend me!
#7 Feb 06 2011 at 5:15 PM Rating: Excellent
*
52 posts
Ul'Dah, at least, seems like it has housing all over the place with the various enormous buildings I can't get into.

It would probably cause a bit of lag, but one of the things I liked in another MMO I played called City of Heroes was how they had NPC's filling up the city. Aimlessly walking around, driving to who knows where, waiting for the bus, little details like that really kept the city feeling 'alive.'

I would love to have something similar in FFXIV where NPC's fill up the streets and walk around so that the cities do not feel so dead. They wouldn't need to say anything, but simply be there as an aesthetic touch.

Edited, Feb 6th 2011 6:17pm by WarkupoZ
#8 Feb 06 2011 at 5:33 PM Rating: Good
***
1,608 posts
If only they would of given the npcs an AI like Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. Where you can see them do a full daily routine.
____________________________

#9 Feb 06 2011 at 6:53 PM Rating: Excellent
*
132 posts
I always assumed there were no toilets because people used magic to take care of the... "natural functions". <_<;

Of course, someone will probably point out the toilet in San d'oria's basement, but that just makes my theory more likely. After all, would YOU want your prisoners to be able to cast magic? They'd just bust out of bars, so naturally the dungeons neutralize magic somehow, which means they need the toilets since their self-hygiene spells aren't working.

But yes, I'd love to see more residences of NPCs as well, though the cities all have areas you can't enter yet, such as the stairs near Ul'dah's alchemy guild. Perhaps there's residences up there. As far as mog housing goes, go to feedback forum and post in the "Private Residences" thread there, and maybe we can get that thread popular enough SE listens. :3
____________________________

#10 Feb 06 2011 at 7:17 PM Rating: Good
Quote:
In Gridania they all retreat to their favorite bush or tree. Some just drown themselves in the creek out of frustration.


Hehehe...you said "bush".
____________________________

#11 Feb 06 2011 at 8:25 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,609 posts
LyleVertigo wrote:
If only they would of given the npcs an AI like Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. Where you can see them do a full daily routine.


I loved the AI in Oblivion. Gave it a bit of life.
____________________________


"I've never watched a nuclear explosion myself. That's a couple of degrees of stupid above my limit"- Old Man Harris
#12 Feb 06 2011 at 8:49 PM Rating: Decent
*
120 posts
I remember someone talking about in the forum where the NPC's conversation is based on what you have accomplished in the game. They gotta do something like that!
#13 Feb 07 2011 at 2:01 PM Rating: Good
*
182 posts
I wonder if the places like Lilly Hills in Gridania are where NPCs live. There usually aren't many houses around the, uh, business? Adventuring? area, so it would make sense that there'd be a residential area away from everything else.

The random NPCs in City of Heroes were nice, especially when they randomly shouted something about your recent heroic deeds - "Did you hear about _____ taking on the trolls? Amazing!", stuff like that. Not saying it would fit FFXIV, but it was nice that the random NPCs did something every now and then. Phantasy Star Universe had some creepy random NPCs though! When you got within fifteen feet of them, they just disappeared. Always creeped me out about that game.
#14 Feb 07 2011 at 4:43 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
626 posts
the environments just dont have much thought put into them in general as ive always said.
its extremely noticeable that there are no living quarters and yeah those random villages are very oddly placed with nothing going on for them.
____________________________

#15 Feb 07 2011 at 6:20 PM Rating: Default
***
2,202 posts
People, you cant expect SE to do all the work, you gotta have some imagination, and immerse yourself into the world, even if there are just a few villages here and there outside the main city's, you gotta think it's a huge world, and there is certainly a few forts, castles, cities, out there, just because they are not IN THE GAME, does not mean they do not exist, for example those leves that tell you to go protect this village from blablabla and you go to the place and there is NOTHING THERE, that's exactly what SE intended, for the player to have the freedom to dream and think of fun stuff thats not in the game.
____________________________
MUTED
#16 Feb 07 2011 at 7:27 PM Rating: Good
***
1,608 posts
Ostia wrote:
People, you cant expect SE to do all the work, you gotta have some imagination, and immerse yourself into the world, even if there are just a few villages here and there outside the main city's, you gotta think it's a huge world, and there is certainly a few forts, castles, cities, out there, just because they are not IN THE GAME, does not mean they do not exist, for example those leves that tell you to go protect this village from blablabla and you go to the place and there is NOTHING THERE, that's exactly what SE intended, for the player to have the freedom to dream and think of fun stuff thats not in the game.


lol
____________________________

#17 Feb 07 2011 at 10:19 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,313 posts
Ostia wrote:
People, you cant expect SE to do all the work, you gotta have some imagination, and immerse yourself into the world, even if there are just a few villages here and there outside the main city's, you gotta think it's a huge world, and there is certainly a few forts, castles, cities, out there, just because they are not IN THE GAME, does not mean they do not exist, for example those leves that tell you to go protect this village from blablabla and you go to the place and there is NOTHING THERE, that's exactly what SE intended, for the player to have the freedom to dream and think of fun stuff thats not in the game.


WOW. Can someone give me a shovel? I'm knee-deep in **********
This isn't a table game brother.
____________________________
Eithne Draocht
My IG: archaicmachinery - Friend me!
#18 Feb 07 2011 at 10:26 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
27 posts
Ararmoire wrote:
I would really like a housing district as well. I want this game to have life and seem real. All the npc's seem like robots to me and not actual people. Shops are always open and it just doesn't work for me. Having places close and the npc's head home would be really cool. Maybe have the npc's that work at the adventurer's guild to only work for so many hours and have another npc take their place.

I agree that would definitely add a very interesting layer of realism and fun to the game. That would open up awesome opportunities for in game nightlife! lol j/k but it would be interesting!
#19 Feb 08 2011 at 1:48 AM Rating: Good
***
2,202 posts
Transmigration wrote:
Ostia wrote:
People, you cant expect SE to do all the work, you gotta have some imagination, and immerse yourself into the world, even if there are just a few villages here and there outside the main city's, you gotta think it's a huge world, and there is certainly a few forts, castles, cities, out there, just because they are not IN THE GAME, does not mean they do not exist, for example those leves that tell you to go protect this village from blablabla and you go to the place and there is NOTHING THERE, that's exactly what SE intended, for the player to have the freedom to dream and think of fun stuff thats not in the game.


WOW. Can someone give me a shovel? I'm knee-deep in horsesh*t.
This isn't a table game brother.


WOW. It was not that obvious ? Lmao!
____________________________
MUTED
#20 Feb 08 2011 at 2:44 AM Rating: Decent
***
3,416 posts
Quote:
I always assumed there were no toilets because people used magic to take care of the... "natural functions". <_<;


Yes, with Digestive Magic. There was a quest related to it in Jeuno I think. If you did it 1000(?) times you'd get a title "Brown magic guinea pig" or something like that :D.
____________________________
SE:
Quote:
We really want to compete against World of Warcraft and for example the new Star Wars MMO.

This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 18 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (18)