Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

graphics optimizationFollow

#1 Jul 22 2011 at 12:59 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
931 posts
I heard some rumors that people are getting higher FPSes and the game is more optimized in 1.18. confirm deny.
____________________________
MUTED
#2 Jul 22 2011 at 1:01 AM Rating: Default
**
353 posts
The game definitely runs smoother and I am playing on settings higher than I did before. I used to pick some settings below Standard, now I have everything Standard and it runs with no hitch.
#3 Jul 22 2011 at 1:14 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
279 posts
how well do you guys think i can run it?

Intel Core 2 duo E8400 (3.4 OC )
4gb ddr2 1066 ram
ati 4870 1gb
300gb raptor hd 10k rpm

any chance on me running everything standard and multisampling 4x?

Edited, Jul 22nd 2011 3:15am by KingAlkaiser
____________________________
I Am Alpha And Omega
The Beginning And The End
The First And The Last
--------------------------
DRG/WAR-http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?57308
SMN/WHM- http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?57308
#4 Jul 22 2011 at 1:29 AM Rating: Default
**
353 posts
I doubt it with that video card. Considering I run standard with no AA with a gtx480 and phenomx6 3.2ghz. Perhaps u can but with more lag in populated areas. I prefer smooth framerates.
#5 Jul 22 2011 at 1:39 AM Rating: Decent
*
200 posts
im actually getting 2~3 less FPS than i did before the patch,....fancy smooth action bar is to blame i think.
#6 Jul 22 2011 at 1:42 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,098 posts
I haven't messed with settings since launch and I noticed the distance and sharpness of detail is way up.Looking at tiny grooves in shields is getting annoying.
____________________________





#7 Jul 22 2011 at 2:31 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
38 posts
For whatever reason, I was able to hike up my settings considerably and still get better FPS all around. I'm certainly not going to complain about that.
#8 Jul 22 2011 at 3:59 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
279 posts
Imaboomer wrote:
I doubt it with that video card. Considering I run standard with no AA with a gtx480 and phenomx6 3.2ghz. Perhaps u can but with more lag in populated areas. I prefer smooth framerates.



what resolution do you run it at if i may ask or anyone with similar system? I have ambient Occlusion and depth of field turned off or unchecked for better framerates?

I also have it at 1680x1050 resolution, does anyone have any similar system to mine or anything close to it?

p.s- any way to check your frame rates in game?
____________________________
I Am Alpha And Omega
The Beginning And The End
The First And The Last
--------------------------
DRG/WAR-http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?57308
SMN/WHM- http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?57308
#9 Jul 22 2011 at 4:36 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
21 posts
i dont know anything about computers, but i thought everything looked better after the update. i just assumed i was crazy
____________________________


#10 Jul 22 2011 at 4:39 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
24 posts
KingAlkaiser wrote:
Imaboomer wrote:
I doubt it with that video card. Considering I run standard with no AA with a gtx480 and phenomx6 3.2ghz. Perhaps u can but with more lag in populated areas. I prefer smooth framerates.



what resolution do you run it at if i may ask or anyone with similar system? I have ambient Occlusion and depth of field turned off or unchecked for better framerates?

I also have it at 1680x1050 resolution, does anyone have any similar system to mine or anything close to it?

p.s- any way to check your frame rates in game?

You can download Fraps to check.
#11xthunderblazex, Posted: Jul 22 2011 at 4:52 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Intel Core 7 990x
#12 Jul 22 2011 at 6:47 AM Rating: Good
*
116 posts
KingAlkaiser wrote:
how well do you guys think i can run it?
Intel Core 2 duo E8400 (3.4 OC )
4gb ddr2 1066 ram
ati 4870 1gb
300gb raptor hd 10k rpm

any chance on me running everything standard and multisampling 4x?

Edited, Jul 22nd 2011 3:15am by KingAlkaiser

With that hardware I predict you may have to tweak your settings a bit more than that.
I have trouble running 4xAA unless I drop General drawing quality to 7 which gives a 'Holy Blur Batman!' effect.

My specs:
Athlon X4 3.4 (OC)
4gb DDR3 1600
ATi 5770 (stock over-clocked edition)
1tb 7200rpm HDD

xthunderblazex wrote:

Intel Core 7 990x
12GB DDR3 1600 Ram
GTX 580 3072mb
128gb Intel Sata III SSD
Asus Rampage III Black Edition MB

How well do you think I can run it?

You I think you will be just fine (^.^)b
____________________________
FFXIV :: Valdai Devarda \ Lindblum Sargatanas "The Thread Closer"
.............................................................................................................
#13 Jul 22 2011 at 7:41 AM Rating: Good
****
6,898 posts
xthunderblazex wrote:
KingAlkaiser wrote:
how well do you guys think i can run it?

Intel Core 2 duo E8400 (3.4 OC )
4gb ddr2 1066 ram
ati 4870 1gb
300gb raptor hd 10k rpm

any chance on me running everything standard and multisampling 4x?

Edited, Jul 22nd 2011 3:15am by KingAlkaiser


Intel Core 7 990x
12GB DDR3 1600 Ram
GTX 580 3072mb
128gb Intel Sata III SSD
Asus Rampage III Black Edition MB

How well do you think I can run it?


Smiley: rolleyes Troll harder.
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#14xthunderblazex, Posted: Jul 22 2011 at 8:52 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Okay okay, 3D monitor too. Along with a Bigfoot NPU and a Noctua D14 which keeps CPU in the 30s or lower even at load. All in a HAF X. I'm considering buying a 2nd GTX580 for lulz.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 22 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (22)