Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Anyway to have archer autofire arrows?Follow

#1 Mar 09 2012 at 5:15 PM Rating: Decent
45 posts
Anyway to have archer constantly autofire arrows like melee's can auto attack? Maybe I am just lazy but having to hit light shot for every single shot gets really old really fast, probally about as fast as me making threads like these. Just thought I'd see if anyone knew a way to do this.
#2 Mar 09 2012 at 5:51 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
***
1,609 posts
Lol. Silly newb, this isn't WoW!

To answer your question, not that Inam aware of. I think in XIV like XI, arrows are consumable. :/. I don't play archer so I could be wrong, but I'm assuming this is SE that the arrow thing would be like that of XI.
____________________________


"I've never watched a nuclear explosion myself. That's a couple of degrees of stupid above my limit"- Old Man Harris
#3 Mar 09 2012 at 5:52 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,530 posts
If you walk up the target, I think you''ll start auto-punching them, if that helps. >_>
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#4 Mar 09 2012 at 6:03 PM Rating: Default
45 posts
KaneKitty wrote:
If you walk up the target, I think you''ll start auto-punching them, if that helps. >_>


Not really lol XD
#5 Mar 11 2012 at 5:09 AM Rating: Good
***
3,177 posts
There's no auto-shoot command.
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Grover Eyeveen - Hyperion Server
Viva Eorzea Free Company/Linkshell Leader - Hyperion Server

Aegis Server (2012-2013)
Figaro Server (2010-2012)

Final Fantasy XI:
Retired

Blog
#6 Mar 11 2012 at 9:56 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
141 posts
An archer's auto-attack is punching the target. I know it's super annoying but to shoot arrows you need to keep hit light shot or other abilities...
#7 Mar 11 2012 at 2:58 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
1,609 posts
Does SE eventually plan to let archer do like that in XI and wield other weapon so they may do melee wih something other than bows and bare hands?
____________________________


"I've never watched a nuclear explosion myself. That's a couple of degrees of stupid above my limit"- Old Man Harris
#8 Mar 11 2012 at 3:33 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
977 posts
LillithaFenimore wrote:
Does SE eventually plan to let archer do like that in XI and wield other weapon so they may do melee wih something other than bows and bare hands?



Nope. That's one of the drawbacks of the whole weapon = job system, each class is bound to using only one type of weapon the entire time.
____________________________
A drink. A drink. A drink.
#9 Mar 11 2012 at 3:49 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
Because an archer instantly stops being an archer once he draws his pocket knife. ;)

Seriously, let's have hope that one day,
maybe each bow will come with a bowknife attached
so we can stab while still being archers.
#10 Mar 11 2012 at 3:49 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
1,609 posts
Oof. Hrmmm. I imagine there is a way to work around this for archer.
____________________________


"I've never watched a nuclear explosion myself. That's a couple of degrees of stupid above my limit"- Old Man Harris
#11 Mar 13 2012 at 12:29 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
****
7,821 posts
No, archer can't autofire. "Light Shot" gives a uniqueness and a more involved feel to the class. Also makes "Barrage" relevant.
____________________________


#12 Mar 13 2012 at 6:10 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,948 posts
The main reason gotta be animation lock, and also taken PvP into mind auto-shoot ARC kiting around without animation lock is a bit...

If you still don't understand, both Jump and Shoulder Tackle has less range than an ARC bow.

Edited, Mar 13th 2012 8:11pm by Khornette
____________________________




#13 Mar 13 2012 at 7:05 PM Rating: Good
***
2,232 posts
Does moving interrupt ranged attacks like it does with spellcasting?
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#14 Mar 13 2012 at 7:10 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,177 posts
No.
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Grover Eyeveen - Hyperion Server
Viva Eorzea Free Company/Linkshell Leader - Hyperion Server

Aegis Server (2012-2013)
Figaro Server (2010-2012)

Final Fantasy XI:
Retired

Blog
#15 Mar 13 2012 at 7:51 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
1,609 posts
UltKnightGrover wrote:
No.


SE.../fail. Not fair >.>; My casting can be interupted but I'll be damned if I have to adjust myself to aim at my target >.>;
____________________________


"I've never watched a nuclear explosion myself. That's a couple of degrees of stupid above my limit"- Old Man Harris
#16 Mar 13 2012 at 9:56 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
560 posts
Khornette wrote:
The main reason gotta be animation lock, and also taken PvP into mind auto-shoot ARC kiting around without animation lock is a bit...

If you still don't understand, both Jump and Shoulder Tackle has less range than an ARC bow.

Edited, Mar 13th 2012 8:11pm by Khornette


Other MMOs made long before FFXIV successfully tackled this issue. SE could too if they cared enough to do it.
____________________________


#17 Mar 13 2012 at 10:34 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,948 posts
tpgsoldier wrote:
Khornette wrote:
The main reason gotta be animation lock, and also taken PvP into mind auto-shoot ARC kiting around without animation lock is a bit...

If you still don't understand, both Jump and Shoulder Tackle has less range than an ARC bow.

Edited, Mar 13th 2012 8:11pm by Khornette


Other MMOs made long before FFXIV successfully tackled this issue. SE could too if they cared enough to do it.


Funnily enough, ranged character-archetype dominates most of the MMO PvP to-date.

Especially in MMOFPS, lol.
____________________________




#18 Mar 13 2012 at 11:14 PM Rating: Good
***
2,232 posts
UltKnightGrover wrote:
No.



Ok, thanks.

:)
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 12 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (12)