Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

WTF SE Seriously WTF....Follow

#1 Sep 04 2013 at 6:50 PM Rating: Sub-Default
Avatar
*
137 posts
Ok I'm not normally a ranting type person.
But I got up to the Ifrit level 20 fight today (after a lot of needless padding and running around.
to find myself in a closed off area and the game would not let me log out - or exit the game - It was 1am UK time.
So I forced a PS3 close down of the game.
I'm guessing when I log back in tomorrow I will have to do the pre-fight again.
I'm cool with that - but to be in an area that will NOT let you log out of the game is not cool!!
I thought we ended the days of staying logged in for 18+ hours ended with FFXI.
/rant off
____________________________
FFXI: Kiyaya :Siren:
99 WAR/RDM/BLM/BRD/PLD/NIN/DNC/BST/MNK/SAM

FFXIV: Kiya Sirenia : Siren:
DoM: 37 Arcanist, SMN and SCH 15CNJ 15THM
DoW: 13MRD 12PUG
DoH: 45WVR 45BSM 45GSM 44CUL 40ALC 40CRP 39LTW 39ARM
DoL: 50FSH 47MIN 47BTN
#2 Sep 04 2013 at 6:51 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
525 posts
Duty Finder > Leave > Problem Solved.
____________________________
I used to care about my sig. Then I got mocked and ****-hurt. I shall commence with the self-pity now.
#3 Sep 04 2013 at 6:51 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
525 posts
Maybe next time ask if there is a way to leave instead of an emo-rant with no basis.
____________________________
I used to care about my sig. Then I got mocked and ****-hurt. I shall commence with the self-pity now.
#4 Sep 04 2013 at 6:52 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
*
137 posts
I wasn't in duty finder I mearly wanted to log.
____________________________
FFXI: Kiyaya :Siren:
99 WAR/RDM/BLM/BRD/PLD/NIN/DNC/BST/MNK/SAM

FFXIV: Kiya Sirenia : Siren:
DoM: 37 Arcanist, SMN and SCH 15CNJ 15THM
DoW: 13MRD 12PUG
DoH: 45WVR 45BSM 45GSM 44CUL 40ALC 40CRP 39LTW 39ARM
DoL: 50FSH 47MIN 47BTN
#5 Sep 04 2013 at 6:53 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
525 posts
If you were in an inaccessible area of the game, why not simply use return?
____________________________
I used to care about my sig. Then I got mocked and ****-hurt. I shall commence with the self-pity now.
#6KissMyPixel, Posted: Sep 04 2013 at 6:56 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) it wasn't an emo rant you cute american it was a genuine frustration at the game not allowing me to log - no duty finder involved
#7 Sep 04 2013 at 7:01 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
491 posts
There is an NPC sitting right by the water that will teleport you out of that staging area. Relish it while you can though, cause once you finish Ifrit, there's no going back in there, at least that I've seen. It strictly straight from Duty Finder after that. You were part of an exclusive club.

Edited, Sep 4th 2013 9:02pm by DragonBourne
#8 Sep 04 2013 at 7:04 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
*
137 posts
but is it as I thought that you will have to do the pre-fight again? and shouldn't that npc be more apparent?
____________________________
FFXI: Kiyaya :Siren:
99 WAR/RDM/BLM/BRD/PLD/NIN/DNC/BST/MNK/SAM

FFXIV: Kiya Sirenia : Siren:
DoM: 37 Arcanist, SMN and SCH 15CNJ 15THM
DoW: 13MRD 12PUG
DoH: 45WVR 45BSM 45GSM 44CUL 40ALC 40CRP 39LTW 39ARM
DoL: 50FSH 47MIN 47BTN
#9 Sep 04 2013 at 7:51 PM Rating: Excellent
**
598 posts
KissMyPixel wrote:
but is it as I thought that you will have to do the pre-fight again? and shouldn't that npc be more apparent?


NPC was beta wasn't it? When I went back after beta all I saw was a big glowing tele location.
____________________________
Sour Cherry
#10 Sep 04 2013 at 7:55 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
424 posts
Once you unlock Ifrit through that staging area, you have access to it no matter where in the world you are. The easy solution to this would have been to a) use your return spell, or b) there should have been an NPC/glowing spot that you can exit through. I think it takes you back to Camp Drybone.
____________________________
MJK wrote:
Is this a test?
It has to be. Otherwise I can't go on.
Draining patience. drain vitality.
this paranoid, paralyzed vampire act's a little old.

[Charlie Towser-The Kraken Club-Ultros[NA]-WAR]
#11 Sep 04 2013 at 8:18 PM Rating: Good
KissMyPixel wrote:
Buffylvr wrote:
Maybe next time ask if there is a way to leave instead of an emo-rant with no basis.

it wasn't an emo rant you cute american it was a genuine frustration at the game not allowing me to log - no duty finder involved


Why does everyone assume if there not from my country, they must be American! I'm not even American and I find it offensive.
____________________________

#12 Sep 04 2013 at 8:24 PM Rating: Decent
KissMyPixel wrote:
Ok I'm not normally a ranting type person.
But I got up to the Ifrit level 20 fight today (after a lot of needless padding and running around.
to find myself in a closed off area and the game would not let me log out - or exit the game - It was 1am UK time.
So I forced a PS3 close down of the game.
I'm guessing when I log back in tomorrow I will have to do the pre-fight again.
I'm cool with that - but to be in an area that will NOT let you log out of the game is not cool!!
I thought we ended the days of staying logged in for 18+ hours ended with FFXI.
/rant off


You're so f'ing beautiful when you're angry...
____________________________
Blog: http://robertcrist.me/

Current: FFXIV | EVE Online (again)
Former: FFXI | The Matrix Online (FOREVER!!!) | STO | SW:TOR | EQ2 | WoW | Florensia | RF Online

FFXI :: Valefor :: Dareknight, Darexius
FFXIV :: Valefor :: Dare Knight
EVE Online :: Dare Knight, Hazel Knight, Rex Knight
#13 Sep 05 2013 at 12:01 AM Rating: Excellent
The NPC is there by the water. He tells you about swimming out and getting help. I did so and you exit near Drybone. I logged out from there and hopped in duty finder the next day and went directly to the Ifrit fight. I believe there's also an NPC in Drybone that you can speak to and that will take you to the fight if you formed your own party.
#14 Sep 05 2013 at 4:16 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
*
137 posts
As an update, when I logged back in this morning I was actually in the same closed off area.
I immediately saw the npc by the water - was probably hidden by bodies last night as I spoke to all the npc I could see.
So thanks for that tip it worked.
Also apologies to the person I called american who wasn't - It is an easy trap to fall into here with the majority being in NA, however I did call you cute ^^
____________________________
FFXI: Kiyaya :Siren:
99 WAR/RDM/BLM/BRD/PLD/NIN/DNC/BST/MNK/SAM

FFXIV: Kiya Sirenia : Siren:
DoM: 37 Arcanist, SMN and SCH 15CNJ 15THM
DoW: 13MRD 12PUG
DoH: 45WVR 45BSM 45GSM 44CUL 40ALC 40CRP 39LTW 39ARM
DoL: 50FSH 47MIN 47BTN
#15 Sep 05 2013 at 11:45 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
491 posts
KissMyPixel wrote:
As an update, when I logged back in this morning I was actually in the same closed off area.
I immediately saw the npc by the water - was probably hidden by bodies last night as I spoke to all the npc I could see.
So thanks for that tip it worked.
Also apologies to the person I called american who wasn't - It is an easy trap to fall into here with the majority being in NA, however I did call you cute ^^


Does this mean 'American' is now an insult? :P No worries, am just being humorous. I'm not easily offended like that.
#16 Sep 05 2013 at 11:48 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
*
62 posts
Montsegurnephcreep wrote:
KissMyPixel wrote:
Buffylvr wrote:
Maybe next time ask if there is a way to leave instead of an emo-rant with no basis.

it wasn't an emo rant you cute american it was a genuine frustration at the game not allowing me to log - no duty finder involved


Why does everyone assume if there not from my country, they must be American! I'm not even American and I find it offensive.


yaaaa... im canadian and i thought that was a bit over the top. granted american population does have a larger group of douche' bags than most other countries and therefore get called on it more than they may deserve..... but ya. a bit much.
____________________________
-there is your way, and the right way. my way is the right way. get used to it.-

~-~YggdrasilSlepnir/Odins Horse Slepnir~-~
(yes i realize after the fact, that Yggdrasil should have a second L at the end, and Slepnir should have an i after the e......) -.-
#17 Sep 05 2013 at 11:50 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
Avatar
*
237 posts
DragonBourne wrote:
KissMyPixel wrote:
As an update, when I logged back in this morning I was actually in the same closed off area.
I immediately saw the npc by the water - was probably hidden by bodies last night as I spoke to all the npc I could see.
So thanks for that tip it worked.
Also apologies to the person I called american who wasn't - It is an easy trap to fall into here with the majority being in NA, however I did call you cute ^^


Does this mean 'American' is now an insult? :P No worries, am just being humorous. I'm not easily offended like that.


As an American (specifically, North American(more specifically from the United States of America)) I am not offended by being called an American...but most people who are American...but wait for it....from South America or Central America, or Canada, who are ALSO American can find it a tad insensitive to being lumped in with us dummies... Smiley: tongue
____________________________
FFXIV - Ultros Server - Jaggars Oliana
FC: The Kraken Club <ZAM>
#18 Sep 05 2013 at 11:53 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
525 posts
I'm pretty sure I'm the one he called a cute American. Considering the fact that my responses were fairly douche-tastic, it was a mild response from him.
____________________________
I used to care about my sig. Then I got mocked and ****-hurt. I shall commence with the self-pity now.
#19 Sep 05 2013 at 11:56 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
62 posts
Buffylvr wrote:
I'm pretty sure I'm the one he called a cute American. Considering the fact that my responses were fairly douche-tastic, it was a mild response from him.


i think he meant the word cute more like a person would say the word smart ***. sorta like your parents may or may not have said this line "don't get cute with me."
____________________________
-there is your way, and the right way. my way is the right way. get used to it.-

~-~YggdrasilSlepnir/Odins Horse Slepnir~-~
(yes i realize after the fact, that Yggdrasil should have a second L at the end, and Slepnir should have an i after the e......) -.-
#20 Sep 05 2013 at 11:58 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
*
62 posts
jaggars wrote:
DragonBourne wrote:
KissMyPixel wrote:
As an update, when I logged back in this morning I was actually in the same closed off area.
I immediately saw the npc by the water - was probably hidden by bodies last night as I spoke to all the npc I could see.
So thanks for that tip it worked.
Also apologies to the person I called american who wasn't - It is an easy trap to fall into here with the majority being in NA, however I did call you cute ^^


Does this mean 'American' is now an insult? :P No worries, am just being humorous. I'm not easily offended like that.


As an American (specifically, North American(more specifically from the United States of America)) I am not offended by being called an American...but most people who are American...but wait for it....from South America or Central America, or Canada, who are ALSO American can find it a tad insensitive to being lumped in with us dummies... Smiley: tongue


i want to argue that im not american... but sadly your right. as long as the continents are labeled North or South or Central america.... i have no hope of winning.
also, your not all dummies.... you just have a huge group of them... large enough to over shadow most, but not all of your more intelligent members.
____________________________
-there is your way, and the right way. my way is the right way. get used to it.-

~-~YggdrasilSlepnir/Odins Horse Slepnir~-~
(yes i realize after the fact, that Yggdrasil should have a second L at the end, and Slepnir should have an i after the e......) -.-
#21 Sep 05 2013 at 12:00 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
*
62 posts
DragonBourne wrote:
KissMyPixel wrote:
As an update, when I logged back in this morning I was actually in the same closed off area.
I immediately saw the npc by the water - was probably hidden by bodies last night as I spoke to all the npc I could see.
So thanks for that tip it worked.
Also apologies to the person I called american who wasn't - It is an easy trap to fall into here with the majority being in NA, however I did call you cute ^^


Does this mean 'American' is now an insult? :P No worries, am just being humorous. I'm not easily offended like that.


has been for about 40 years....around the world... and ever since 1812 in canada. can still smell the smoke of the white house from here.

this should be the start to a new american anthem.

Oooohhh say can you seeeeeee. the Canucks are burning my Countryyyyy.
There starting at the white house,
and they will end near texas,
after they retake new york.
......

ill leave it at that.
-edit- changed canadians to canucks for better rhythm.
(side note for those who don't know. new york was once part of what was called upper canada. which was below lower canada...dont ask...still not sure why. before the american's claimed Independence from great britain.)

Edited, Sep 5th 2013 2:03pm by YggdrasilSlepnir

Edited, Sep 5th 2013 2:06pm by YggdrasilSlepnir
____________________________
-there is your way, and the right way. my way is the right way. get used to it.-

~-~YggdrasilSlepnir/Odins Horse Slepnir~-~
(yes i realize after the fact, that Yggdrasil should have a second L at the end, and Slepnir should have an i after the e......) -.-
#22 Sep 05 2013 at 12:04 PM Rating: Excellent
******
48,472 posts
It's one of those "insults" that is only offensive in the mind of the one saying it.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 76 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (76)